Since 1910 Lininger-Fries Funeral Home Inc., a family owned and operated full-service funeral home, has been devoted to helping families in the community. Professionalism and ethical conduct are the cornerstones of our service.
In April 1910, Daniel J. Lininger started "undertaking" in Mercersburg in a shop located off the Mercersburg square. His son, F. Martin Lininger, joined him in a partnership on April 1, 1934. In 1936 the Liningers built a funeral home located at 47 North Park Avenue, where the business remains today. F. Martin and Alan T. Fries formed a partnership on April 1, 1989 and the business became known as Lininger-Fries Funeral Home Inc. In 1999 Alan assumed full ownership and in July 2002 the facility was remodeled and expanded. This was done to meet the community needs and enhance the business to serve the public better.